Latest Posts:

The Special Spark Within
Published 4/10/2024 in Holy MOLY!
Divine Presence
Published 4/3/2024 in Holy MOLY!
Unconditional Love: Our Deep Inner Being
Published 3/21/2024 in Holy MOLY!
I have learned so much about compassion and unconditional love from watching my mother, Penny. I have seen her care for countless family members as they have finished their earthly time. I have witnessed her forgive those who have deeply wronged her. I have observed her see the best in me even when I could not. How can I be more like Penny? Perhaps, the answer can be found in unconditional...read more ❯
The Vastness of Cathedrals, the Smallness of Me
Published 3/21/2024 in Holy MOLY!
Last week, I climbed to the top of the Washington National Cathedral. I was unaware how tall the second tallest church building in the U.S. truly was until I was standing at the top of it. No one had warned me. And if someone did, I might have decided to stay on the ground floor. A good friend of mine who works at the Washington National Cathedral had promised to take me on a behind-the-scenes...read more ❯
Poet or Prophet?
Published 3/21/2024 in Holy MOLY!
He winded along the sidewalk, his boots instinctively hugging the edge of the circle sandwiched between Schewel and Snidow before his feet gave a hard turn, descending him ever closer to the university chapel, with Chaplain Nathan Albert excitingly keeping step and chatting away, matching stride for stride. British poet Jay Hulme simultaneously carried with him an air of confidence and humility,...read more ❯
Peacebuilding Through Spirituality and the Arts
Published 3/21/2024 in Holy MOLY!
In my time as a Graduate Assistant at the Spiritual Life Center, there has been a lot to learn. Originally, I thought that it would be a daunting task to assist in supporting students who came from many different cultures, backgrounds, and religions, that while beautiful and diverse, were mostly unfamiliar to me. However, during my time here, I have found that each of these boil down to a...read more ❯
Published 3/20/2024 in Holy MOLY!
The Total Solar Eclipse of April 8, 2024
Published 3/5/2024 in Star Struck
A little over a month away now! Rather than write a lengthy post, I'm just going to address the main questions people usually have. The sun is going to be 90% obscured at my home. Is it worth traveling to the path of totality? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Unless you have witnessed it, you cannot imagine what an awe-inspiring sight this is. Just as no picture of the Grand Canyon can do it...read more ❯
The Original Valentine
Published 2/14/2024 in Holy MOLY!
Today is Saint Valentine’s Day - a day filled with cards, candy, and the color pink. Have you ever wondered about the origins of this holiday?  Well, Saint Valentine was a real person. There is a lot of lore and uncertainty around what he actually did in his life but we have some events accounted for.  Saint Valentine was a priest living in the later 200s AD in Rome. At that time, the...read more ❯
The First Stars
Published 2/13/2024 in Star Struck
Standing under a starry sky on Earth, the variety we see among those distant points of light is mostly limited to their brightness. If we peer closely, we can see some color variation as well. In the winter constellation of Orion, the diagonally opposed Betelgeuse and Rigel are well known for their reddish and bluish colors respectively. There are many, many ways to classify stars, but we...read more ❯